How to Know You're Pregnant, For Real


Photo from here.
So to say my first pregnancy was a breeze would be an understatement.  Really it wasn't even like being pregnant at all.  I only had two pregnancy symptoms.  First, I got terrible acne during, after, and still as a result of my first pregnancy.  Second, I got mild heartburn the last 4 to 6 weeks.  That's it.

No.  I'm not kidding.

Apparently, I gave everyone the very wrong impression of pregnancy because no one close to me experienced pregnancy with quite the splendor I did.  They all not-so-secretly wished I'd suffer through my next child.

Well, I think they may have gotten their wish... at least a little bit.

Now that I get to experience pregnancy "for real", I can see why nobody liked it quite as much as I did.
Photo from here.

First Trimester Symptoms
Terrible, awful nausea.
Some food aversions.
Some food cravings.
TIRED!

Second Trimester Symptoms
Hip joint pain.
Muscle spasms/"charlie horses" in my calves.
General muscle tightness and aching in legs.
Awful light headed and dizziness.

Phew.  Yeah, that's how it's went so far.  Usually, it's one symptom for a week or two and then we move on to another.  I just got out of waking up in the middle of the night with tearful muscle spasms that I do NO IDEA happened to pregnant women.  It's apparently normal.

Relief from Muscle Spasms
Sleep on your side, left side if possible.
Drink lots of water.
Rotate ankles when sitting or standing for long periods of time.
Stretch calves before bed.

So, yep.  This pregnancy has been pretty eventful.  What was your pregnancy like?  Did each one differ from the previous ones or were they similar?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I read all comments and try to reply to as many as possible. I really appreciate you taking the time to stop by! Have a great day!