2014 Goals

Photo by Sally M.
First, I'd like to wish myself a happy birthday!  It's my 22nd birthday on this first day of January 2014 (it's going to take time getting used to writing that instead of 2013).  I'll not be doing much today, other than working a few hours and lounging around the house.  Tomorrow, I think I'm finally going to go eat at Applebees with the family.  I know, I know.  Big plans, huh?  Well, this pregnant lady has been craving some Applebees food for a while now.  Seems as good a time as any.

January promises to be a busy month for me and my family.  The month starts off with my birthday, my transfer to a new department at work, and college starting back up.  I'm taking 4, instead of 3, classes this semester.  Figure the semester before baby girl is born is probably a good time to take an extra class.  The hubby's birthday is on the 20th, my nephew is due on the 21st, and my mom's birthday is on the 24th.  Let's get 2014 started! I only had to erase 2013 two times before I got it right!

I haven't thought much about resolutions.  Everybody always forgets about those by the time March rolls around anyway, right?  I do have some goals in mind for 2014, though.  Goals are serious stuff, right?  New Years resolutions...not so much.

10 Goals for 2014

  1. Choose between the two four year colleges I want to transfer to.
  2. Acquire a certification before transferring to said four year college.
  3. Apply to be a substitute teacher for the 2014-2015 school year.
  4. Give birth to a healthy baby girl.
  5. Repaint the interior of the house.
  6. Do some DIY projects!
  7. Start crafting for fun and for monetary gain (currently wanting to try metal stamping, polymer clay jewelry, felt stuffed animals, and/or other jewelry projects).
  8. Post at least three times a week on the blog (M,W,F).
  9. Commit 1 hour to my blog each day, whether writing for the blog, writing comments, or simply doing research/brain storming, etc.
  10. Find a good balance for it all; family, fun, work, marriage, etc.
I doubt this covers everything I'd like to accomplish throughout the year, but it definitely has the basics and many of the important ones.  What are your goals for the year?  Do you usually make new years resolutions?  How do you track your progress?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I read all comments and try to reply to as many as possible. I really appreciate you taking the time to stop by! Have a great day!